Pope Paul VI to the Archbishop of Canterbury Dr Michael Ramsey

"(B)y entering into our house, you are entering your own house, we are happy to open our door and heart to you." - Pope Paul VI to Dr Michael Ramsey, Archbishop of Canterbury.

Friday, January 20, 2012

Grace that Drops from Above

This week of Christian Unity, on January 25, the Feast of the Conversion of St Paul,  at 6 PM at the UP Parish, I am asked by the Catholic Chaplain of the students of the University of the Philippines, Fr Mike Ty to talk about where I came from in my pilgrimage.

This is an act of God's grace which comes to me from above. Almost exactly a year before we said the First Anglican Use Evening Prayer in the same Roman Catholic Church.

I am so busy with mundane things of the world, that sometimes I can't move on my continuing pilgrimage but I recall a poem of George Herbert, the Anglican Mystic and priest

The Temple (1633)

Grace

"O come! for thou dost know the way:
Or if to me thou wilt not move,
Remove me, where I need not say,
                                       Drop from above."


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated at the sole discretion of "Anglican Use in the Philippines" Mere submission of the comment form does not guarantee comment will be posted. Comments will be moderated based on appropriate language, topic, subject matter and relevance. "Anglican Use in the Philippines" is not obligated to post comments that slander the Catholic and Anglican Churches.