The Episcopal Church in the Philippines recently concluded its 2011 Synod in Sagada, Mt Province. According to our friends in the ECP, the synod passed resolutions on the following
1.Episcopal Diocese of Southern Phil. officially was divided in two, the name of the new diocese is EDD (Episcopal Diocese of Davao)
2. As of today, we have 47 full fledged-parishes all over the Philippines
3. Resolution in support of the Reproductive Health bill was passed
4. The ECP hymnal became final with the removal of the "Trial Use"
5. The retirement age for ECP clergy remains 60 and not 65.
6. The next synod will be held in May, 2014 in Cathedral Heights, Q.C.
The continued growth of the ECP beyond its traditional mission areas in the Cordilleras is most welcomed. This means the church is becoming more present in the whole Philippines. The erection of a Diocese of Davao is notable for it means a stronger missionary presence in Mindanao.
Also last May 9, the ECP marked the centennial of Bishop Benito Cabanban's birth. Bp Cabanban is the first Filipino bishop of the ECP. He passed away in 1990.
More news on the ECP can be found at the Facebook group of Pinoy Episcopalians.